GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
In these General Terms and Conditions the following terms shall have the following meanings, except
where stated otherwise:
General Terms and Conditions: these general terms and conditions.
Day: calendar day.
Duvema: the company Duvema BV, located at Kloosterbaan 27, in Roermond and registered with the
Trade Register of the Dutch Chamber of Commerce under number75078872.
Customer: every legal person or individual, acting in the conduct of a business or profession, who would like to enter into a contract with Duvema.
Website: name of the website of Duvema, being www.duvema.com.
1. These General Terms and Conditions apply to all offers, proposals and agreements made by Duvema
and all obligations arising thereto to the customer. To the extent the customer (also) orders other
products or services whereupon special general terms and conditions are applicable, these special
general terms and conditions are also declared applicable to the agreement between the customer
2. In case the customer declares its own general terms and conditions applicable to an agreement with
Duvema or refers to it, these general terms and conditions shall not be accepted by Duvema. The
General Terms and Conditions of Duvema shall prevail, unless explicitly agreed otherwise at an earlier
3. The General Terms and Conditions are provided to the customer in advance and can be reviewed via
the website and can be downloaded as a PDF file on the website as well. The General Terms and
Conditions shall be provided for free.
4. All the agreed provisions in favour of Duvema of these General Terms and Conditions and of any
further agreements, are also applicable to any third party hired, called in or used by Duvema.
5. These General Terms and Conditions do not apply to offers to and agreements with individuals who
do not act in the conduct of a business or profession.
1. All offers/proposals qualify as a non-committal offer and/or proposal and can always be revoked, also in case it includes a term for acceptance. Proposals/offers can also be revoked in writing within seven days after receipt by Duvema, in which case no agreement will be concluded.
2. Offers/proposals can only be accepted in writing (including an acceptance by telefax or those made
through electronic means). However, Duvema is entitled to accept an oral acceptance as if this would
have been done in writing. In case the customer places an order on the website of Duvema, this order
is final in case the customer clicks on the order button or receives a confirmation of his order by email. Once the customer of Duvema receives a confirmation by e-mail, a binding agreement between
parties is established.
3. Information that is included in advertising material in the broadest sense of the word, such as
catalogues, pricing lists, brochures and websites of third parties, shall never be binding for Duvema.
4. Except for written agreements stating explicitly otherwise, specifications of size, weight and other
information are estimates, as accurate and reliable as possible.
1. All prices provided by Duvema are based on price determining factors that are known at the time of
issuance of an offer/proposal.
2. Unless explicitly agreed otherwise in writing, prices provided by Duvema are always excluding VAT
and excluding shipment costs.
3. Duvema is entitled to adjust the prices or parts thereof for products and/or services that have not been delivered or paid yet due to changes of price determining factors, such as raw material prices, wages, taxes, production costs and currency exchange rates.
4. Duvema is authorized to adjust the prices with immediate effect in case a legal price determining
factor causes such.
1. At all times Duvema is entitled to request certainty from the customer for the correct and timely
fulfillment of its payment obligations.
2. In case delivery occurs in parts, every part can be charged separately by Duvema, unless agreed
otherwise in writing with the customer.
3. In case of a payment default, Duvema is entitled to suspend or cancel the execution of the agreement and any other related agreement.
4. All payments shall be transferred to a Dutch bank account number provided by Duvema.
5. All payments received from the customer shall first be applied to the payment of all costs, expenses
and accrued and unpaid interest and subsequently to the repayment of the oldest overdue invoices,
even in case the customer states that such payment relates to other invoices overdue.
6. The customer waives its right to set off (verrekenen) any amount due by Duvema. The customer is not entitled to set off any amount.
7. Transferring payments by the customer to Duvema through electronic means, including via the
internet and by credit cards, is at the customer's own risk. Duvema is not liable for any damages of the
customer which are connected to or are the result of such payments through electronic means.
Providing credit card details by the customer to Duvema via the internet or otherwise is at the
customer's own risk.
8. Duvema maintains the right to request a payment in advance of 50 to 100 per cent to newly registeredenterprises.
Accounts and registration
1. The customer can create an account or otherwise register on the Website. Duvema reserves the right to refuse or cancel any such registration, for example in the event of irregularities.
2. The login details are strictly personal and must not be disclosed to third parties. The customer is
responsible for his login details, even in case this is done without his knowledge.
3. The customer shall immediately alert Duvema in case he suspects that his login details are known by an unauthorized third party or in the event of irregularities.
4. The customer may not create or manage more than one account. Moreover, the customer shall not be allowed to register or manage an account (again) after Duvema has denied the request of the
customer to create an account or after cancellation of the registration.
1. At all times the place of delivery is – except where stated otherwise in writing – the customer’s actual registered office or the registered office that is specified during the order process and/or the registered office of the party to the agreement.
2. The delivery terms included in offers/proposals, confirmations and/or contracts are given in good
conscience. They will be complied with to the extend possible, though they can never be considered
as a final date.
3. The customer is obliged to enable Duvema to perform the delivery.
4. The customer guarantees for its own account and risks:
a. to provide the support that is necessary for Duvema to conduct the performance;
b. to purchase the ordered products and/or services; and
c. to enable the delivery to occur under average working conditions, during average working hours
from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
5. In case the ordered products and/or services are offered to the customer, yet delivery is not possible due to the fact that the customer did not fulfill its obligations under paragraph 3 and 4 of this Article, the delivery will be considered declined. From this moment on, the customer is in default without the requirement of a formal notice of default from Duvema. The day of refusal of the delivery is considered to be the delivery date of the ordered products and/or services. From this moment on, the products are at the customer’s own risks as stated under Article ‘Transfer of Risk’ of these General Terms and Conditions.
6. Notwithstanding the obligation to pay, the customer is entitled to repay the damages Duvema has
suffered as a result of the refusal referred to under paragraph 5 of this Article, including the costs of
storage and transport. The transport costs are based on local common rates.
1. The customer can repudiate a purchase contract for a product without giving reasons for a reflection
period of 14 days. The reflection period starts on the day the product is received by the customer or by
a third party appointed by him in advance and who is not the carrier, or:
a. in case the customer ordered several products in the same order: the day on which the
customer or a third party appointed by him received the last product. Duvema may refuse an
order of several products with different delivery dates provided that it clearly informs the
customer prior to the order process, or;
b. in case the delivery of a product consists of several batches or parts: the day on which the
customer or a third party appointed by him received the last batch or the last part.
2. During this period, the customer shall handle the product and the packaging with care. The customer shall only unpack or use the product to the extent necessary for establishing the nature, the
characteristics and the effect of the product. The guiding principle is that the customer may only
handle and inspect the product in the manner in which one is allowed to handle a product in a shop.
3. The customer is liable for the decrease in value of the product that is caused by the way of handling
the product which went further than allowed in paragraph 2 of this Article.
4. In case the customer would like to return a product, he shall notify Duvema unambiguously within the Reflection Period.
5. The customer shall return the product or deliver it to (the authorized representative of) Duvema as
soon as possible but within 14 days, following on the notification mentioned in paragraph 4 of this
Article. This does not need to be done in case Duvema offered to collect the product himself. The
customer observed the period of returning the product in any event in case the product is returned
before the expiration of the Reflection Period.
6. The customer shall return the product with all delivered accessories and in case reasonably possible
in the original state and packing and in conformity with the instructions given by Duvema.
7. The risk and the burden of proof for the correct and timely return shipment fall on the customer.
Transfer of risk
Notwithstanding the contents of the agreements made between Duvema and the customer with respect to the costs of transport and insurance, the products are at the risk of Duvema, until the moment such products are in the actual power of disposal of property of the customer or of any third party hired by the customer by means of signing bills of lading, signing lists and/or packing lists or actual delivery.
Retention of title
1. The ownership of products delivered to the customer by Duvema shall tranfer to the customer once
the customer has met all the terms that Duvema may request based on all agreements made with the
customer and the related services or activities performed.
2. Notwithstanding what is stated in paragraph 1 of this Article, the customer is entitled to use the
products received from Duvema for its normal business operations.
3. The customer is not allowed to encumber, pledge, transfer as security and/or to loan or to loan for
consumption and/or to license products that are delivered under retention of title
(eigendomsvoorbehoud) in any way. In addition, the customer is not allowed to modify the products in
4. In the event the customer fails to fulfill its obligations, Duvema is entitled to retrieve the products that belong to Duvema from where they are at the expense of the customer.
Right of complaint
1. During or immediately after the delivery the customer needs to inspect whether the delivered products and/or the performed services comply with the agreement.
2. If the customer did not perform aforementioned inspection or did not inform Duvema regarding the
defects in writing within the applicable term as mentioned hereafter the customer loses his right to
3. Visible defects need to be reported in writing to Duvema within five business days after the delivery
and/or performing the relevant service.
4. Hidden defects need to be reported in writing immediately after the customer discovered them yet
within two months after delivery of the products and/or performing the service at the latest.
5. Products subject to the claim may only be returned to Duvema with explicit prior permission from
Returns need to be provided with the original packaging. Returns need to occur in accordance with
instructions from Duvema at all times. Duvema reserves the right to appoint an address to which the
product subject to the claim must be sent to.
6. If according to Duvema there are justified and properly submitted complaints, Duvema is obliged, this at her choice and taking into account the customer’s interests and the nature of the complaint, to
either replace/exchange the delivered products and/or performed services or to grant a price discount.
7. The right of complaint expires in case the delivered product is not in the same condition as it was
8. Complaints regarding invoices need to be submitted in writing within five business days after the date of sending the invoice.
1. The limitation mentioned in paragraph 1 of this Article applies also in the event that Duvema is held
liable by the customer for reasons other than this agreement.
2. Direct damage means exclusively:
a. any reasonable costs incurred by a party to repair the default by the other party in order to meet
the agreement. However, these damages are not reimbursed if the other party has terminated
b. the reasonable costs of ascertaining the cause and scope of the damage, to the extent the
determination is related to damage as referred to in the Terms and Conditions;
c. reasonable costs incurred to prevent or limit damage, to the extent the suffering party is able to
demonstrate that these costs have led to a limitation of direct damage as referred to in the Terms and Conditions.
3. Duvema shall never be liable for any indirect damage, including consequential loss, loss of profits, lost savings and damage caused by interruption of operations and all damages which are not covered by direct damage as referred to in these Terms and Conditions.
4. In the event of intent or gross negligence of the directors or managers of Duvema the limitation of
liability is not applicable.
5. Duvema shall never be liable for the materials that have been made available to Duvema by the
customer under the agreement. It is mandatory for the customer to take out a sufficient insurance
regarding these materials.
6. Without prejudice to the abovementioned, Duvema shall not be liable in the event the damages are
caused by intent and/or gross negligence and/or imputable acts or incompetent or inappropriate
usage of the delivered products by the customer.
1. The customer indemnifies Duvema, to the extent permitted by law, against all liabilities towards one or more third parties, arisen from and/or connected to the performance of the agreement, irrespective of whether the damage is caused or inflicted by Duvema or by the third parties appointed by Duvema
(hulppersonen), by auxiliary materials or the completed Assignment.
In addition, the customer indemnifies Duvema, to the extent permitted by law, against all liabilities
from third parties in connection with any infringement of intellectual property rights of these third
2. The customer shall take care of adequate insurance of the risks and liabilities mentioned above.
3. The customer is always obligated to make every effort to limit the damage to a minimum.
Force majeure and unforeseen circumstances
1. In case compliance by Duvema or the purchase by the customer is delayed for more than one month due to force majeure, each party is – with the exclusion of further rights – entitled to terminate the agreement in accordance with the law. Anything that already has been performed in accordance with the agreement, shall be settled pro rata between the parties.
2. Force majeure in relation to Duvema shall in any case include:
a. the circumstance where a performance (including a performance of the customer) that is
important regarding the performance to be executed by Duvema has not, not in a timely manner
or not properly, been executed;
c. traffic obstructions;
d. acts of government that prevent Duvema from timely and/or proper fulfillment of its obligations;
e. riots, civil disturbance, wars;
f. extreme weather conditions;
g. fire; and/or
h. transport disruptions.
3. In case an unforeseen circumstance of such a nature occurs that the customer cannot expect Duvema to fulfill because of equity or natural justice, the judge can terminate the agreement as a whole or partially at the request of one of the parties.
Right of retention
Duvema is entitled to retain possession of all customer’s products that Duvema possesses for the
customer, until the customer has fulfilled its obligations towards Duvema, with which the concerning
products have direct or sufficient coherence. In case Duvema loses control over products covered by this right, Duvema shall be entitled to claim these products as if Duvema was the owner.
1. Each party is entitled to terminate the agreement with immediate effect, as a whole or partially, without any further notice of default or judicial intervention, in the cases described below and insofar as granted below:
a. in case the other party has applied for suspension of payments (surseance van betaling), in
case the other party has obtained suspension of payments or in case the other party has been
declared bankrupt (faillissement);
b. in case the company of the other party is liquidated voluntarily or involuntarily (opheffing);
c. in case the company of the other party merges or is taken over (fusie of overname);
d. in case a substantial part of the assets of the other party is seized and/or (beslaglegging);
e. in case other circumstances occur in which case the continuation of the company cannot
reasonably be required.
2. Each party is entitled to terminate the agreement in the event the other party – after a notice of default in writing that is as clear and detailed as possible and includes a proposal for a reasonable period of time to correct or repair the defects – fails attributably to meet its essential obligations under the agreement, provided that the defects justifies the termination.
3. In the event the agreement is terminated, the claims of Duvema are immediately due and payable by operation of law and without any notice of default. In the event Duvema suspends the fulfillment of its obligations, Duvema maintains its claims deriving under Dutch law and the agreement.
4. In any case Duvema maintains the right to claim (full) damages.
1. Duvema garantuees that products delivered by it do not infringe any Dutch patents, design rights or
any other industrial or intellectual property rights of third parties.
2. Nevertheless if Duvema has to acknowledge or in case a Dutch judge determines in a lawsuit that is
no longer appealable, that any product that any product delivered by Duvema infringes any of the third
party’s right as referred to under paragraph 1 of this article, Duvema shall, at its own discretion, (i)
replace such product with a product that does not infringe this right, (ii) acquire a right of licence in this respect, or (iii) take back such product against repayment of the paid sum, reduced by typical
depreciations, without being required to further compensation.
3. In case the customer does not inform Duvema in a timely manner or not in full regarding the claims of third parties as referred to in paragraph 2 of this Article, the customer will not be entitled to the rights of performance as referred to in paragraph 2 and, in addition, Duvema has not been able to properly defend its right in this matter as a result thereof.
The customer is not entitled to transfer its rights and obligations arising from any agreement concluded with Duvema to third parties, without the written permission of Duvema.
Privacy and security
1. Duvema respects the privacy of the customer. Duvema treats and processes all personal data
transmitted to it in accordance with the applicable legislation, in particular the General Data Protection
Regulation. The customer agrees to this processing. For the purpose of protecting the customer’s
personal data, Duvema observes appropriate security measures.
2. For more information regarding privacy, reference is made to the Website of Duvema.
1. Any possible derogations in respect of these General Terms and Conditions may be agreed upon only in writing. No rights can be derived from these deviations with regard to future agreements.
2. The administration of Duvema serves as proof of purchase orders and requests of the customer,
unless the customer proves otherwise. The customer acknowledges that electronic communication
can serve as proof.
3. In case and to the extent that any provisions of these General Terms and Conditions are cancelled or declared invalid, Duvema shall draw up a new provision to replace the null/nullified provision, duly
observing as much as possible the object and purpose of the annulled provision.
4. The place of the performance of the agreement is deemed to be the place where Duvema is located.
Governing law and jurisdiction
1. All disputes between Duvema and customer in relation to an agreement between these parties, or the agreements concluded in the performance of or in connection with such agreement, will be submitted exclusively to the competent of the district of the location of Duvema, unless Duvema and the customer have agreed otherwise in writing.
2. All agreements, and any non-contractual obligations arising thereto, between Duvema and the
customer to which these General Terms and Conditions apply to, are governed by the laws of The
Netherlands. The Vienna Sales Convention 1980 is explicitly excluded.